In 1885, a thousand pesetas of capital, along with the efforts and dedication of Mr Miguel Brugarolas Bofill and some offices at the Ronda de Sant Pere in Barcelona served as the point of departure of the foundation of the Brugarolas company.
The rapid growth of the commercial and productive activities of the company made it possible in 1915 to open the first factory at L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, expropriated in 1928 by CAMPSA for reasons relating to the nationalisation of the petroleum sector away from the Monopoly. The uninterrupted and spectacular evolution of the company, which since 1949 has gone by the current name of Brugarolas S.A., proceeds to transfer all of its activities to the modern installations at Rubí in 1974.
In 1983 the line of special lubricants known as BESLUX is launched in the marketplace. A line of products that are highlighted by their innovation and quality. The Beslux products continue to be an item of reference to this day.
In 1995-1997-1998 the ISO-9002,9001 and EAQF-94 certifications are obtained as a consequence of the growth in industrial activities that the automobile and supply sectors underg.
In 1999, works are carried out to expand the factory in Rubí. In 2003, lands are acquired where new storage sites are to be build and the new distribution logistics centre will be configured for all of Brugarolas’s products. Also in this year, the ISO-16949 certification is obtained, which confirms the dedication of the company to the fulfilment of the requirements of the automotive activities.
In 2006, works are carried out for the 2nd expansion of the Rubí site and 5 years after that, the reactor is incorporated, which covers the demand for industrial grease within the supply market.
After four generations, Brugarolas S.A. continues to progress on the path begun in the 19th Century, a path in which quality and service continue to be the main focuses that satisfy the clients.